P - Parking Areas P - No Parking Area
Middlesex Fells Reservation Rules
- The Middlesex Fells Reservation is open only from dawn to dusk.
- Dogs must be on leash at all times in the reservation, outside of the designated area at the Sheepfold. Dogs at the Sheepfold must be under voice control of their owner.
- There is a three dog per-person limit in the reservation.
- All dog waste must be properly picked up and disposed of. Do not leave bags along trail.
- All off-trail uses, including nature study and geo-caching, are prohibited without a permit.
- No Trespassing means no trespassing. Do not hike, walk or ride on trails or roads posted as no public access by the Town of Winchester
- Mountain biking is allowed only on designated trails, and not in Virginia Woods or the Long Pond areas.
- Mountain biking is not allowed on unpaved trails from March 1 to March 31 or as posted.
- Users must obey all posted signs.
Middlesex Fells Reservation Etiquette
- Be friendly and courteous.
- Share the trails. Ride, walk or run on the right, pass on the left.
- Stay on the official trails. Going off trail or on user-created trails creates erosion, damages habitat and causes new trails which can't be maintained.
- Bicyclists should yield to equestrians, runners and hikers. Keep your bike under control and at a safe speed.
- Avoid unpaved trails when they are muddy or wet.
- Warn people when you are planning to pass.
- Ride within your ability at all times.
- Respect wildlife.
- When a horse approaches, move off the trail.
- Leave no trace. Pack out your litter.
- Don't use bells or horns, which may frighten horses.
- Dogs should be kept on leashes and under control on all trails.
- Respect private property.
- Anticipate other trail users around corners and blind spots.